Thursday 20 June 2013

"Man of Steel (3D)" Review

Watching a movie in a fully packed theater, everyone wearing 3D glasses and you coming in late with burgers, coffee and popcorn to share with your group, is certainly a unique experience in itself.

Book all the seats on your row and fill it in with your male friends.  The more the better, the younger the better.  The youngest I went with last night was two 10 year old boys and I suspected they are having the most fun out of the group.  The oldest was early 40's male and I strongly believe he enjoyed it as much and was thankful for the capuccino.

It's a pity I missed the first 5 minutes of it, thanks to the snack bar people who decided to upload pictures of our orders on their social networking pages while they were preparing it.  Yes, they were caught snapping pictures of my orders!  Ok, 13 popcorns, 10 burgers, 2 hotdogs, 10 coffees, come on, that's normal for a girl like me isn't it?  Work is stressful.

Thankfully we were just in time to catch the conflict between alive Jor El and Zod.  The first hour consists of a lot of flashbacks and at one point it got quite exhaustive.  The moment the beard was gone and the suit was on, that's where the jam packed action started and superman seriously got hotter.  With the beard he just looks more like Wolverine minus the Edward scissorhands apparatus.
That's Clark Kent before the cape.  Wolverine's brother perhaps in another franchise?
Ah, this picture is so smooth I would've slipped off that chin.
Be prepared to get shaken from the loud noises that comes from the surround sound in the second hour.  I tell you, I felt every POW and BAM that was happening on screen.  In fact, I feel a bit hung over today morning.  The second half of the movie was literally just hard core fighting and I really wondered how many people will get hurt if that actually happens in real life.  I prefer peace talks than jungle rule.

The ending was interesting however, (spoiler beware) Superman we once knew, never kills, but Kal El, just choose to snap off the neck instead of rescuing the family in danger.  Hmm.  Choices choices perhaps.  Easier to eradicate from root. Aye well chosen, the world is changing afterall.
Then, Kal El trashing the satelite drone because the government has been snooping on his communication line?  That reminds me of a certain PRISM and Snowden's confession.  Ooohh, the veil between Holywood and real life just became thinner and thinner.

Overall, I would say, see it for the action and technologies.  Don't expect anything new, we know the story for the longest time, maybe there are lights shed on certain issues, but nothing new.

Oh!  No more red undies display, that's new :)

Disclaimer:  I do not own any of the pictures above.

2 comments:

  1. I know the sequels will expand on this universe and make it better, but I’m a bit disappointed with this one right now. Nice review Anna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Dan. I'm looking forward to the sequel that's for sure. Agree with you on this one. :)

      Delete